Did you notice that all of a sudden after a major windows update, your computer is running unusually slow? This has been happening so often lately with windows 10, and it literally drives my customers up the wall.
Let me give you a quick an easy tip, that will get your computer back up to speed in little to no time…
But before I do…
If you like what you see and you think MacSelpore would be a good company to take care of your computer and networking support issues, please feel free to give me a call and setup a time for me to come over and have a chat. See the details below;
MacSelpore : 0782 004 522
Ok, let’s get on with the tip…
- The first thing you going to want to do is to click on the magnifying glass at the bottom left hand side of your screen.
2. In the search bar type in “cmd”.
3. The command prompt app will pop up at the top of the window.
4. Right click the Command Prompt App and select “Run as Administrator”.
5. You’ll get a security pop up asking “Do you want this app to make changes to your device?”. Click Yes.
6. The Command Prompt App pops up.
7. Type “chkdsk C: /f” and hit the enter key.
8. At the prompt type “Y” and hit enter.
9. Exit the dialogue box and restart your computer.
It can take anything between 5 minutes and almost an hour so make sure you have enough spare time.
Also, depending on the situation, it could be helpful to run it a second time.
If running this app twice doesn’t solve the problem, you could have other issues that need attention on your device.
I hope this tip has been helpful to you and remember, if you feel that you like what we do and you see yourself working with us in the future, please consider taking down our details and give us a shout…we’d love to hear from you.